April 5, 2006

CEMETERY BONES


I have a million stories that I know I will never get into any sort of completion without forcing myself to do it. So I decided to make a comic book that is filled with a bunch of 8-10 page stories. The book will have an overall feel harking back to the horror books of the 70's with a bit of EC comics and a bunch of Archie comics feel to it. I'm not sure why but I'm really into this look right now. I hope to get a few friends also interested in this idea and make the book into an anthology to showcase some of my friends stories that will never get onto paper without some sort of motivation to do so. Hopefully this thing will get done.
Either way, I like how this cover piece came out.

8 comments:

Brandon Vietti said...

That's cooool! You'll have to show me how you made the cover look all "used" like that.

Michael Chang said...

Awesome cover Dave. One 'o' my faves.

Eliza Jäppinen said...

That's a brilliant idea! I absolutely love the comic cover, and the old style! Yes! I Must have, when you get it done... :) Please post how it developes, it would be nice to know...

Thomas Perkins said...

Check you out, dear Hartman! Getting all Old School with the comics...Well done, man.

warren said...

Right on, right on. Can't wait to see/hear more about this one!

Those 70s horror comics are wicked. Nobody else likes 'em, but I do! And ECs are sooo bad they're good. I love that feel...they actually had a sense of fun to the schlock. Like the artists were chuckling at it while they drew it. And what artists! Wrightson, Aparo, Davis, Kurtzmann, etc. Wow.

When comics got all serious in the late 80s they lost me as a kid. No fun.

Like some metal bands after Iron Maiden cooled their heels for a while. Got all serious. Boo.

Unknown said...

Awesome cover!

Patrick said...

Great work here- lovin' all the horror art. Just got back from seein' Rob Zombie in concert last night... The creative "horror juices" have been unleashed... Great lookin' comic book cover, hope it does well for you. Would love to work on something like this!!

Von Kreep said...

Dave, I really dig this cover and hope this comic happen's!